Savory Herb Dip & Dressing
The mint and parsley adds that fresh cooling taste and avocado gives the creamy texture.
Wasabi Mustard Greens 2-3 leaves
1/4 cup yellow onion diced
1 ripe avocado
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon spicy mustard
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
black pepper to taste
-Add a little oil to a small pan to lightly brown the yellow onions.
- De-stem the Wasabi mustard green leaves, and pick the parsley and mint from the stems. Add the rest of ingredients in a medium to large mixing bowl and light mix ingredients.
-Add mixture to a blender and puree until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
-If you have an immersion blender you can puree the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
-Scoop dip in a serving bowl or if you intend to eat it later put it in a tightly sealed container and store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Lemon Honey Mustard
Making your own dressing may sound a little intimidating at first but chances are you already have most of what you at home!
2 medium lemons
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. Squeeze the juice of the lemons into a mixing bowl. A lemon squeezer comes in handy here. If you don't have one just spoon out the lemon pits.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients -- oil, honey, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper--
3. Whisk together vigorously.
4. Pour dressing into a mason jar or a jar that can be sealed air tight. You can also shake the dressing up in the jar!
Dress your kale or salad mixes and you're in for a delight.